Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Events

Busy busy weekend but it was great! Friday started out by me having a GREAT score during lunch. The girls from my office and I went through Dairy Queen and got a chocolate dipped cone....heaven! And then I ran in to Tender Wear, a consignment store. Sometimes it's all ratty old stuff and then sometimes I find a steal. Friday was my day. I ran in just to see what they had and I found this cute dress for $3.50 so I made my way to the cashier. When it rang up the lady pointed out the red line on the tag and explained it was half-off! Yeah, that's right....I found Presley a 4th of July dress for $1.25! Sweet!! I think it's cute and it's in perfect condition. Some other little girl probably wore it once for the fourth and now it's ours! Now I needed was a hairbow to match....not a big deal I could get one made.

Friday night I went and had a pedicure with my friend Michelle. It was nice and relaxing and now my toes are ready for summer! Saturday morning I went shopping with my friend Jennifer and we got some great things. We took Presley with us and I couldn't have asked her to be any better. She's a trooper when it comes to shopping! Must get that from me. We went to Frisco and went to several stores and ate Spring Creek BBQ. I love that place. I'm such a southern girl. I could survive and be blissfully happy on Mexican and BBQ food for the rest of my life! We also made a quick stop at Hobby Lobby and Jennifer convinced me we could make a bow to match Presley's dress. So we bought ribbon half off...
Saturday night Jennifer and Aaron came over for a gourmet dinner of hotdogs! Jared and Aaron had worked on the Suzuki all night so they were tired and Jennifer and I had worn ourselves out shopping so hotdogs seemed easy. We put the boys to work outside with the grill and we sat down to attempt a bow. Presley sat in her high chair and watched Jennifer and I'll admit, I watched too. I was no help at all but Jennnifer was so great she didn't need me. She's so crafty! I'm lucky to have such a talented friend!

She finished the bow and it's super cute! I'm sorry but I'm holding out to show it off until Presley wears her dress. I can't wait for the fourth! Here's Presley helping Jennifer by holding the little furry thing. Presley usually goes to bed so good and at around 7:30. She wanted to stay up and play with Jennifer and Aaron because we put her down and she screamed and screamed. I couldn't take it so I got her back up (which I've never had to do) and she stayed up until they left.
Sunday we went to church, at lunch with Granny and Pops and then I mowed the yard while Jared and Presley watched the NASCAR Race and napped. We went to Bible study and it was touching too. We talked about who we expect to hear in Heaven. It was moving to hear everyone's account of who had influenced them and showed them the plan of Salvation. We are blessed to be part of a group of friends that have so much in common and who truly want to grow in the relationship with Christ. It's so encouraging! Presley stayed with Granny and Pops and when we got there to pick her up Aunt Deb had stopped to visit too. Presley was one tired little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment