Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Master's Class In Session

Yesterday was my first day of graduate class. I'm taking the course online and it's a summer course so it's crammed into 5 shorts weeks. On top of that, it's a finance class which is not my favorite subject. But for some reason I feel like this was the time to start working on my Masters (I've played with the idea for a long long time) but this time everything seemed to fall into place and I kept running out of excuses not to do it. So here I am....enrolled in a graduate class. If I pass this one then there's only 9 more before I'm done! (I'm trying to be optimistic here!)
My main concern has been that it would take time away from Presley but I'm determined not to let that happen. Last night I came home, played with Miss P and put her to bed at 7:30 like normal. Then I studied and listened to the first lecture (that let me just say was 106 minutes long) while my sweet husband grilled our supper. I managed to listen to the entire lecture, make notes, and complete the homework assignment and still be in bed by 10:30. Now I know that there will be lots of nights that it doesn't work exactly like that but I am going to try my hardest to keep life normal and to balance being a mommy and being a student. And I know that will be hard because everytime Presley looks at me with those big blue eyes and says momma I can't help but stop what I'm doing and love on her. But I'm determined to do it. I'm stressed out of my mind but I keep thinking about how great it will feel once this class is over. I know finishing a class will give me the confidence I so desperately need right now! First test next Tuesday I'll let you guys know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment