Saturday, June 12, 2010

Last night was Relay for Life. We went early so that Presely could enjoy the festivities before she got tired. She loves riding in her stroller and Jared sure doesn't mind pushing his little cutie around. I guess I need to have another baby so I can push someone around once in a while! I'm' telling you, these two are peas in a pod.
We walked around and then we listened to Jared's sister, Kristina sing praise songs with her group. You can see Jaden watching his mom sing too.
It was hot and we were sweating but I'm so glad we went. Both of Jared's parents are cancer survivors and we are so proud of them. I wish that neither one of them could say that they have been affected by such a horrible disease, but despite the fact that they have, these two have been troopers. They have used their trials to share their faith. When I would have given up they both have continued to praise God. They have been such an example to the family, to our church and to all those who know them. Jared's mom continues to undergo treatment and we pray for her constantly. Please continue to remember her in your prayers too! I snapped this picture of Presley with Granny and Pops. It's a little blurry but I think it's sweet. She is blessed to have such Godly grandparents and I am thankful to have them in her life!
Here Jared and Presley are waiting on the Survivors to walk by. Presley was hot and sweaty but we wouldn't miss seeing Granny and Pops walk by for anything. She even clapped for them!
Here are Granny and Pops walking the Survivor lap.
It was a good event and although we didn't stay long I am always humbled to see how many people in our tiny little county have been touched by cancer. And in a time in history when our society is so self centered and so material driven, it's amazing to see everyone pull together and share a common goal. A goal for a cure. I saw a tshirt the other day that made me cry but how true it is. It said:
And she took her grandaughter's hand and said,
"We turned the table, we raised the money that funded the research that found a cure to that terrible disease so that no one ever had to die from it again...ever."
My prayer is that we will soon see a cure. I know everyone can name mulitple people in their life that have battled cancer. Please pray with a heavy heart that God will reveal to us a cure. I pray for a cure now!

No comments:

Post a Comment