Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunflowers

First of all...I know this background is ugly! The cute giraffe background I did have was removed from the site I use so now I need to find another one. I just haven't had time. Hopefully tonight I can get the site fixed back up. Sorry for the ugliness of the page and hopefully these CUTE pictures will make up for it! Jared's mom, Susan has been telling us about a field in Whitewright that was planted with sunflowers. We got up early Sunday morning and drove over there before to get some pictures. The flowers have wilted a lot but I'm glad we went. And yes, we still made it to church.....productive morning!
I put the words to "You are my sunshine" on some of them. It's my song for Miss P. I have no idea why but when she was tiny and would scream her head off at night, I'd rock and sing it to her. It's so weird but sometimes now I can sing it and she'll close her little eyes and snuggle. She probably has to shut her eyes to bear my singing but I like to think that it's our little song. :-)
We took her rocking chair and she thought she was big stuff sitting in it! The crazy part is it wouldn't fit in my trunk and it only fit in my back seat after Jared twisted and tried every possible way. I love my car....but they weren't joking when they classified it as compact. haha!
Presley loved the flowers and wanted to touch them and was in a great mood. It was easy to get smiles and it made me proud to have such a happy girl!
I've already had lots of questions about her dress. It's from Target (bet you would never have guessed that). I had actually bought it for her studio pictures a few weeks ago but even though it says 12 months it was still too big. We used it yesterday though because I thought it would look pretty against the yellow flowers.
I think this picture is so sweet.....
And we seriously didn't pose or try to look a certain way in the pictures. We just played with Presley and snapped pictures of each other. And got some great shots!
This picture is one of my favorties. I like that you can only see part of me and that Presley has such a big smile.
And I think this is the one I've decided to have enlarged for a frame in my kitchen. She's so happy in this picture and the flowers are pretty and bright. I think it will add color to the kitchen and I'll love having a picture of my sweet pea on the counter.





















No comments:

Post a Comment