Thursday, July 8, 2010

We like books!

Presley has taken an interest in books lately. I love to read so maybe she'll be a reader too! Jared and I read to her but we've started letting her hold and play with books by herself. She really seems to prefer the book Guess How Much I Love You. I don't know if it's the size or the pictures because they aren't bright colors, or maybe it's because it's one of my favorites so I've read it to her many times. I think it's a sweet little story.
Presley knows that we keep her toys in the corner of the living room and she'll wiggle to get down on the floor and then crawl over there and help herself. She's been carrying the book around and she'll sit and flip the pages for the longest time. I had stepped into the kitchen the last night to put something up and when I came back she had dug out her book and was looking at it. I thought it was cute and I'm so glad she has an interest in books! We have lots so I wil have to start reading to her more.
I have to take my final for my finance class today. I took a vacation day so I can review this morning and then take my exam (which my instructor says will take me all of the 3 hours he has allowed) while it's quiet here. I just took Presley to daycare and Jared's at work so I better get to studying! Then I have a few days to catch my breath before my next class starts July 12th!




No comments:

Post a Comment