Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th

Remember the dress I found for $2.00 at a consignment store a few months ago....and the bow that Jennifer made to match it? Presley finally got to wear it! I will admit I was a horrible mom and completely let it slip my mind for church. So she wasn't decked out patriotic for church but she was the rest of the day! We didn't have plans and thought we'd just stay home this year because Presley goes to bed at 7:30 and we figured she was too little for fireworks anyway.
So I dressed her up and tried to get a few good pics for her first Fourth of July. Let me say....she's getting harder to photograph. She does not stay still long and she doesn't smile at all the silly little sounds she used to. I gotta get some new tricks! I got a few pictures that I think are cute. I love how long her fingers look in the picture above! And here she is working over the Direct TV box. Her Daddy lets her do this and he says there's nothing she can screw up by just pushing buttons. And trust me she loves buttons! Now that she can pull up she makes her way around the room. She walks along the front of the couch, the recliner, the entertainment center and anything else she can use to get around the room. You can still see the "mystery bites" on her little face. They look much better though and I'm super glad it wasn't chicken pox. Miss P being all patriotic had me thinking and praying that she will grow up and be able to know the same freedoms that we currently have. My prayer is that she will always be free to make her own choices, to live out her own dreams and to have the freedom to worship without fear. My friends Greg and Linda had this verse on their facebook and I think it was perfect for the 4th. Blessed is the nation whose God is Lord...Psalms 33:12. I know so many who are hurting and struggling right now. Please let this verse remind you that we need to be a nation that puts our faith in God and not in our own hands. And we did end up going over to a friend's house for festivities and I'll post pics from that later! Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!











No comments:

Post a Comment