Thursday, January 14, 2010

Great Grandpa John

This morning my mom told me that my Grandpa had a biopsy done at the dermatologist yesterday. Now this isn't anything new for this sweet little man. After a lifetime of farming, Grandpa has had his share of skin cancers removed and has even undergone treatments several times. And praise Jesus, he has always beaten it!

Today at work I happened to run across a folder with some pictures from Thanksgiving. I must have forgotten about them because when I saw this one it meltled my heart. I've always had a special place in my heart for my Grandpa and have said a million times that I really wanted a picture of him holding my babies. I have so many memories with him and am always saddened by the thought that he won't always be here. This picture means so much to me and I will always cherish it. He will be 91 in May and I am so blessed to have a picture of him with my little princess. Presley was 2 months old in this picture.
Please keep him in your prayers as he awaits his biopsy. He's beaten skin cancer before and I know that he can again if that's the case. But I know that as he continues to age such treatments would be more difficult for him. And I plan on Presley having a sibling, or two :-) and I want to have my amazing Grandpa around to hold those babies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment