Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Busy Weekend

What a GREAT weekend! Three days at home with Jared and Presley...I couldn't want or ask for more. We got in a lot of family time and a lot of other fun too. Presley is becoming so much fun that I'm starting to forget that she screamed the first 6 weeks of her life. Haha!

Saturday was a big day because it was our first time to take Presley to a birthday party. I seriously was pumped about her big debut and couldn't have picked anyone better to celebrate with than our handome little friend Hudson! I even got Presley a new outfit to wear just for the party. (It of course is from Target...my favorite store in the whole world!)

This is us right before we left the house. It took about 10 takes to finally get a picture where we were both looking decent. I know...bless Jared's heart between me and a 3 month old he had to work for it!

Hudson was adorable as usual and was only still for a moment for me to snap this picture of him with his Mom, Kate. There were way too many balloons and people to watch!

Of course no first birthday would be complete without a little icing on the face!
And this picture.....Kate's mother-in-law took this picture and I LOVE IT! Presley has started to laugh out loud and this picture captures how sweet it is. I think I'm going to print it and frame it for Jared before he gets a chance to see it on here.
It melts my heart to look at this picture. There is no better feeling in the world than knowing that you had the right baby at the right time with the right guy. We waited 7 years to decide we were ready and now I can't imagine life without her. We sleep less, smile more, spend lots, and have been blessed beyond what we deserve.
This rainbow was over our house when we got home Saturday evening. After spending the day running around it was awesome to see a reminder of God's presence. I've been reading the book of James with a friend and I have been striving to live each day and to enjoy the blessings that come one day at a time. I'm a super planner so this concept has been hard for me. Now that I have Presley I feel it's more important that ever for me to put things into perspective. I want to learn to cherish the things that matter and to let go of the things that don't.








No comments:

Post a Comment