Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Last Bath

We've worked really hard to make a bedtime routine for Presley. And I can already tell this is a little girl that will need a routine as she gets older. I'm hoping that this isn't an indication that she's going to be a Type A like her momma! Every night Presley gets baby food, then a bath, then a bottle. Then if all goes well....it's off to Dream land for this little cupcake.

Last night however, I made the decision that bathtime in the kitchen shall come to an end. At least for now....When we brought Presley home her little 7lb 4 oz body fit perfectly in the sink. She was so little!
It didn't take long before she got too big for that so we bought a plastic tub that we have been filling with water and sitting on the counter. I set up a little assembly line each night....the tub, a towel, diaper cream, diaper, lotion, and pajamas. Took a little set up/clean up time but it worked.

Now that Presley is 5 months old she's slightly bigger. Haha! Okay....she's now 15 lbs and 25 inches long. So she takes up a lot more room!

Notice the droplets of water splahing above her feet. This is the current issue at hand and the reason I've called off kitchen baths. Presley loves baths and has turned into one splashing machine!
Well, that and also the fact that she's too long for the counter! So bathtime will now be moved to the actual bath tub. Once Presley gets to where she can sit up I'll think about the sink again. Of course, since this was the "last bath" I had to take some pics. Notice the mohawk Presley has here.....that's the work of Daddy!
I have been reading Lord Change My Attitude Before It's Too Late and last night the chapter had the verse "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am" Philippians 4:11. The chapter talked about having a content attitude and thriving with what God has provided for us. This morning as I was getting ready I couldn't help but look at Presley playing with my socks (yes....believe it or not she plays with them every morning) and think about how simple little things can make her happy. My prayer this morning is that I will take what I'm handed and be content.









No comments:

Post a Comment