Thursday, March 25, 2010

JBF Mckinney Sale

Oh...I'll stick this on here real quick. I went to the Just Between Friends (JBF) Consignment Sale in Mckinney this week. For those of you who don't know about this....YOU ARE MISSING OUT!

First let me warn you that the following qualities would be of great help:


  • strong feet that will allow you to stand in lines for long amounts of time (I did this last year when I was pregnant...not fun! My back was killing me and I was only 13 weeks. I can't imagine doing it when you're really pregnant but trust me there are women there who are so near labor it's scary.)

  • be able to deal with other obnoxious mommies who have the same desire to score greatly discounted items for their babies

  • be willing to dig through mounds of items and operate under the "my hands were on it first...back off honey" rule

  • the best quality to have it a sister who will take one side of the store while you take the other and not only load up items for her sweet children but for yours as well

So a JBF sale may not be for all of you...but look what I scored! Jared was so proud. He's mega tight-wad and I think he was slightly turned on that Momma had found such amazing deals for little P.


Both of these toys were $5 each. Seriously.....They have a few minor scrapes but who cares. My little girl will be walking in no time and now she has toys to help her do it!

And this item....act surprised if Presley unwraps it in Sept for her birthday. It's brand new still in the box. I took it out to make sure it was all there and it's never even been unwrapped. Yeah! Presley gets a pink Pony once she learns to walk. Oh I paid $20 and it retails for $32.99 at Target.
These toys were random but the phone was $3, the top was $3 and the high chair toy was $1. Luckily the high chair toy was only a buck because I've already let Presley play with it and it really makes her mad that it sticks to the tray and she can't pick it up. So I may be selling it back at the next sale! HA

And somehow I refrained for overloading on clothes. Last year I didn't know boy or girl yet so instead I helped my sister and we loaded up for Amarah. But this year I kept repeating to myself that Presley has a ton of clothes. This helped me to be very picky and to only puchase items that I really thought we needed. Several of these still had the tags on them. There weren't very many brand name clothes this year...maybe a sign of the economic times? Not sure but I'm happy with the items I did get and I'll list the prices for those of you who are going to ask! Sorry I didn't snap a picture of the clothes before I washed and put them up.

Bikini with tags still on it $6

Old Navy Jeans $8

Old Navy Denim Capris $3

Circo Denim Shorts $4

Gap Tank and Shorts $10








No comments:

Post a Comment