Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Maternity Pictures

Thank you to all of my friends who encouraged me to do maternity pictures! I honestly wasn't sure that I wanted to, but now the closer I get to delivering the more I'm already thinking that I'll never get to be in this moment again. I'll never get to be pregnant with my first child again. I'll never be as anxious or as excitied or feel as humbled as I am right this very moment. And for that I am so thankful to my dear friend Mylissa Glaser for being a part of this special time and doing this shoot.

This pregnancy has been wonderful and I have been blessed tremendously. God gave us the child we asked for and He has provided a journey that has been amazing. Sure there were moments in the begining where I doubted and worried. There were days when I thought maybe I had more on my plate than I had bargained for. But every time I feel our little baby kick, I am reminded of the plan that God has for me...for Jared...and for this little baby that has be given to us.
I'm overwhelmed when I think of how such a tiny little thing has grown inside me over the past 8 1/2 months. I know the science behind this process, but I believe that without the hand of God, such a creation would never be possible. It blows me away to think that I will be able to look at my baby and see me and Jared all mixed into one little bundle. James 1:17 says "Every good and perfect gift comes from above" and this pregnancy has only lead me to believe this even more.
Let me say again....I love these pictures! I love black and white and the pink is so precious on them. I will give credit to Burt's Bees Momma Bee Belly Balm. Long name...amazing results. Ha! I put it on my belly after I shower at night and in the morning and so far no stretch marks! Lots of blue veins but no stretch marks yet. So thank you Burt's Bees. It's greasy and sticky but if it works...I'll do it. And at first I would make a face each time I weighed because I really wanted to stay within the limit my doctor had given me. And so far I have...I'm currently at plus 26 pounds and my doctor promised not to yell at me if I stayed under 30. So with crossed fingers I will finish out the next four weeks. But at this point all I want is a healthy, happy, amazing little girl and if I had to gain a million pounds I would.

I love this picture and am probably going to print one to hang in the nursery. I really like that Jared's hands were on top. There's something about it that makes me think of how much he takes care of me and this little girl. I can't explain it but there's something about it that makes me feel comfort and safe. This one makes me think about how tiny she really is. Now she should weigh about 6 lbs and is about 20 inches long and seems like a lot to be inside this belly but at the same time she's going to be so tiny!

































No comments:

Post a Comment