Thursday, September 10, 2009

Week 37

Week 37....I look like I've grown a ton in this picture....baby girl has been busy growing! Luckily, I still feel really good still and had a doctor's appointment yesterday. I have lost 2 lbs since last week...yeah, can you believe it? I really thought having 2 baby showers in one week would pile on the pounds but my doctor assured me the weight loss was because I'm getting closer to delivery day.

He did yell at me a little (first time this entire pregnancy!) because he said my face was flushed and puffy when he came into the room. I personally had noticed some major chubbiness in my face in my shower pictures and when they took my blood pressure it was 160/68. Yikes! Last week it was 130/68. So he made me lay on my side for 15 minutes and then took it again. It had dropped to 138/68. He said that it was good that it dropped on it's own just from me laying down but that I needed to be cafeul. So....after a pep talk on more water this week and less sodium he got off my case.

He checked me to see how things are progressing and I am dialated to a 2 and 50% effaced. So...that's pretty good progress for day one of week 37. Oh and thanks to all my friends who didn't warn my how much being "checked" was gonna hurt! Holy smokes...I was just expecting it to feel like a pap or something. No....he freaking shoved his hand so far up I swear he was in up to his elbow! LOL

He said she was down really low and that he was even able to tough her head. It didn't make me have any contractions but it sure the heck was uncomfortable. He told Jared I wouldn't make it to the end of the month so no worries about missing out on bow season (which starts Oct 1st).

So yipee! His prediction a week or two weeks. Which is perfect timing....I finally feel ready. After the showers we are stocked with all the baby things we could possibly need, her room is finally finished, and we have the "hospital bag" packed. So....now we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment