Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July


We had a pretty low key Fourth of July but it was still a great one. We stayed at home and splashed in the blow up pool, did some work in the yard and just spent some time together just the three of us.




Mom bought this outfit for Presley about a month ago and I have been dying to take her picture in it for the Fourth. I am so excited that Presley has started asking me to put bows in her hair! She wore them so good when she was tiny and they were on a headband. They she didn't want them at all about the time she turned one. She would rip them out as soon as I would stick one in. But lately....she has asked me for a bow and will leave it in all day! She even cried when I told her she didn't need to wear it to nap in. I know I'm paranoid but I am afraid she will take it out and put it in her mouth during nap!



She has also started doing some major modeling when you get the camera out. She likes to pretend to take your picture and she loves getting hers taken! And she really likes to ham it up these days. She also does this same face when you tell her not to do something....I think she knows it's cute and might get her out of trouble!


I think she looks so big in this picture! Everyone keeps telling me to wait until the baby gets here and then she will seem even bigger! My little cupcake is growing up too fast!



We spent a whopping $4 on fireworks. Haha....we had Presley talking about fireworks all evening and when we got them home she was so excited. We had a tank, two chickens, a frog and sparklers. Jared lit a chicken first and it blew fire out its rear end and then screamed. It freaked Presley out...probably my fault for not warning her about the insane noise the cute little cardboard chicken was about to make. She was not too excited about the remaining firework show we did and was ready to go inside. We watched fireworks on tv after that and she did like those. And this morning when I was putting here in the truck I asked her if she remembered the fireworks from last night. She said "Yeah, they said pow!" and was smiling....so I don't think we scared her too bad. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment