Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Reflections

I'm feeling sappy today so let me apologize up front. Maybe it's because I just had my first Mother's Day or because Presley has been doing so many new things lately or maybe it's the bible study I just finished up that has me thinking about so many things. I looked back at some early blog post and found these pictures from when Presley was 2 weeks old. How tiny! These are my favorite pictures we've had so far and I owe Mylissa Glaser for capturing these precious moments. This picture of Jared and Presely's hands are my FAVORITE. She will never again be that tiny and I am so thankful for this photo. Jared is an amazing Daddy and this picture brings tears to my eyes when I see it!
Jared spent the entire Mother's Day telling me how great a mom I am and I am already thinking of things to do for him to make him feel the same on his day! Jared is the sweetest Dad and is so proud of Presley. I am proud to say he's changed as many poopy diapers as I have and has gotten up as many times at night that I have. He's the best!
To wrap up my sappiness...I'm going to start making myself list again like the bible study has been having me do. Here' s my list of things I'm thankful for:
1. I am thankful that Jared and I both have jobs we enjoy and that our schedules allow us to take off when we want and that each day Jared gets off at 3:30 and I get off at 4. This allows us to spend so much time together as a couple and plenty of time with Miss P!
2. I am thankful that we have joined a bible study group that is other young couples who are at the same place in their lives and are striving for the same spiritual relationship. It's so nice to have friends who are there to lift each other up and to provide encouragement.
3. I am thankful for the opportunity to start on my Master's degree this summer. This means I have a husband who's willing to support me, a job that is encouraging me, and that we are in a place in our lives where this is financially possible.
4. I am thankful for cousins that love my little cupcake. Landon, Jaden, Gavin, Amarah and Jewel are all so sweet with Presley. I know she's the little one but they all play with her and make her one happy little girl. I am thankful that Presley is blessed with cousins and that they are all part of her life.
5. I am thankful for the video camera I bought. I know this is a material thing but I am so excited that I will be able to capture so many moments of Presley growing up. I always think what if something happened to me or Jared...would Presley have enough pictures to help to understand how much we loved her and now with a video camera now I can tell her. I can tell her the things that I love about her and the things that make me smile. I pray that Jared and I will get to grow old and watch Presley grow into an amazing woman but if for some reason we don't, I want her to have pictures and videos of us laughing and smiling and loving on her. My ultimate goal is for me and Jared to make a video for her before her first birthday....one where we tell her everything that she is doing, her likes/dislikes and things like that but also one where Jared and I leave a message for her too. I want her to be able to watch it one day and know that we asked God for her, and that from the moment she was born, we have spent praising Him and loving her.


1 comment:

  1. Where are the kleenex???
    Beautiful! Just beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing your heart!
    Hugs to you! Sabra

    ReplyDelete