Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Let it snow!!!

After driving home from Austin in the snow ALL THE WAY on Thursday....I was very thankful to be home. Everything was covered with white fluffy snow and I couldn't resist taking pictures. I know....I can't help it....we don't get much of it around here! When I got home I couldn't even see my driveway!
And my road was sooooo pretty!

It snowed all day and all night. We had about 8 inches in some places around our house. I honestly don't think I've ever see that much snow here! When I got up in the morning everything was covered in a white blanket and it was gorgeous. These pics below could use some editing but I haven't gotten around to that yet. It was early morning....because Cupcake does like to rise early so she and I were up and the sun was barely out and I couldn't help but stand in awe on my front porch. I love the old pecan tree at the front of our yard!

You could barely see our stepping stones!
And the row of cedar tress to the south of our house....looked like a Christmas Card! LOL
And my favorite photos of all.....Presley out in the 2nd snow of her life! I love her little hat with ears even though she's nearly outgrown it. She was super quiet but looked around a lot and especially liked when the dogs showed up and started jumping on me! We didn't stay out long because her cheeks got red quickly!

And the blanket she is wrapped in is one that Granny made for her when I was only about 9 weeks pregnant. It's our favorite! It says "I love daddy and I love mommy" all over it.
And my favorite photo of all....even though I was squinting because the snow was smacking me in the eyes! This photo makes me feel kinda sappy and the bible study I'm reading really has me thinking about the important things in my life. I am thankful that God has put me here at this moment, with this sweet guy, and this amazing baby. I am blessed beyond measure!













No comments:

Post a Comment