Friday, December 16, 2011

A little behind on my blogging but I have lots of pictures so I hope to catch up soon. We have been busy lately and I know it will get crazier as Christmas gets closer. Presley has taken a huge interest in Santa this year and although we aren't pushing her to believe in Santa we don't have a problem with it. I know there are all kinds of opinions but I think if you keep Christ in your lives year round, then your child can separate that from the one night a year Santa is played up. To me it's no different than your child watching cartoons where the characters have magical powers, etc. Besides if you ask her what Christmas is about she will answer "It's baby Jesus' birthday". So I think we will be fine.

Last night was the Christmas Program and Kid's Kastle where Presley goes to daycare. It was super cute! All the kids were dressed up and they sang Christmas songs. Presley and the other toddlers had chairs to sit in on the front row and she spent most of her time turned around watching the other kids. I'm pretty sure she didn't sing a single word. But she was still cute! And after the performance, there were cookies and Santa showed up to see the kids!
Westin seemed content hanging out with his Daddy and talking to the other guys about deer hunting. While they did that, Presley and I stood in a VERY long line to see the man of the hour. He was great! After we finally got up there it was clear why the line was so long. He was practically telling each kid a story. I hear him telling P about how the reindeer fly onto our roof. Priceless!
She doesn't look excited in this picture but I am telling you she said "I want to see Santa" a thousand times before it was our turn. She is starting to get past being shy but she didn't say a peep to this guy.
This was at the end where she was starting to warm up to him. I am so thankful for such an amazing day care where my babies are cared for, loved, and taught. I love that they pray before their meals, they sing and dance, play outside, and most importantly they get to be kids. There are lots more Christmas pictures I want to share so I will post more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment