Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Preview



How much do I love Christmas?!?! This year was by far the best because my little Sweet Pea was big enough to be in awe of everything....the lights, the food, the gifts! I have lots of pictures so probably most of my post this week will include pictures from Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year so I do not feel bad about devoting a whole week of blog post to it!

Presley loved unwrapping presents! She is showing off her mermaids that she got to play in the bath tub. I've had a camera in this poor baby's face so much she thinks it's natural. Now she's the one saying "Take my picture momma".  When she grows up to be a photographer, I want the credit! 
Westin is such a laid back little guy. He did lots of watching this year. Look how long those legs are! 
Of course we sang Happy Birthday Jesus on Christmas morning. We used cinnamon rolls but next year I promise to make a birthday cake. I know I should have but we always have cinnamon rolls on Sunday mornings so I just went with that this time. I love that Presley knows Christmas is Jesus's birthday. 
This picture might be my favorite picture from the entire weekend. I love these kids! They are growing way too fast. Amarah (5), Gavin (6), Presley (2), and Westin (4 mon). It started out with me saying Gavin could hold Westin because he is the oldest but as I was getting my camera I heard Amarah say that she was going to hold Westin's legs. When I turned around I HAD to capture this. I am so thankful my sister and her sweet babies live so close and are a huge part of my life. It's always crazy when they are all together but it's CRAZY FUN! 
Presley was a ham. She wanted her picture taken every time she did something. Here she had just tried on her princess house shoes from Aunt Deb. I love how she always has to pose!
I used pink and purple for the tree this year because I had left over Deco Mesh from Presley's first birthday. I love this stuff on the tree but I'm already thinking next year I will go a little more traditional and do a green and red tree. Maybe next year I'll actually put presents under the tree. I was just afraid it would be too much temptation for Presley! 
This was on my bar and probably my favorite decoration. I love snowman, I love this little rustic and simple tree, and I did my first printable and put it in a $3 clearance frame from TJMaxx. The frame was gold so I painted it black and distressed it a little so tiny amounts of gold would show through. The verse on the printable is "and suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill towards men.  Luke 2:113-14". One of my favorite Christmas verses! I can't wait to go through the million pics on my camera and get them posted this week. I know it's probably going to be overload but I LOVE CHRISTMAS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment