Tuesday, September 28, 2010

1st Birthday!

My little Angel turned ONE this Friday! Pops made a cake to match our zebra theme and I think it turned out AMAZING! It could not have been more perfect! And he even made Presley a cake to match!
My sweet friend Jennifer helped me decorate the table. She's super crafty and was a great help. Most of the things we used were items one of us had already so I think we were pretty resourceful! I found these cute wooden zebras at Hobby Lobby and had no idea how I would use them until Jennifer came up with this cute idea...
I used a zebra frame and put a picture I had taken on our porch of Miss P and glassware with ornaments I already had. I found cotton candy suckers at Wal-Mart and found this sheer pink fabric at Hobby Lobby. I seriously had no set plan of how it would all tie together, but it all came together perfectly!
Granny and Pops had found these buckets with the letter "P" on them a few weeks ago and they worked perfect for the plasticware. Jennifer also had the bright idea of covering the bar with some zebra paper I had. It was so much cuter than the brown granite of my countertops.
Jennifer let me use this pretty hurricaine vase and we stuck leftover fabric from the table and a letter P that I had modge podged zebra paper on.
Presley found Pepaw's lap right away. She love her pepaw so much! I seriously think he's her favorite person.
Presley spotted a four wheeler that wasn't wrapped first thing and she was not getting off of it! I think she looks super cute in her ruffled outfit and pig tales. She's looking so much like a little girl!
I like her smile here...it confirms she was happy with the four wheeler!
And this one cracks me up. I love those blue eyes!
Presley also got a farm, puzzles, books and some cute outfits. Thank you everyone who brought her a gift. We are blessed with great family and friends!
This is one of my favorite pictures Jennifer took. I LOVE LOVE the ruffles on her bottom. And how funny is it that she has on such a girl outfit but she's riding a four wheeler?!Miss P also got a purse....covered in sequins. She loves anything that sparkles! And notice that she is still sitting on the four wheeler to open all of the other presents.
Amarah loaned us her birthday crown and I couldn't believe it but Presley didn't even try to take it off. Maybe she was distracted by the gorgeous cake in front of her instead! She was so quiet as we sang to her. She just sat there and watched but once we sat the cake down she dove right in! Oh and the zebra bib came from Hobby Lobby!
I think Presley looks SUPER grown up in this picture. She has her tongue out like her Memaw Mary!
This picture is so sweet! Presley was riding by on the four wheeler and stopped to give Granny a kiss.
And here she is telling Reed bye. She wants to touch him so bad! I have to be quick when they are together. She really likes to touch his hair!
I will post more pictures tomorrow. It has taken a while to get everything edited. And I want to say THANK YOU again to Jennifer for taking pictures for me. They are great (and they are making me want a fancy smancy camerea too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment