Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 28 and growing!

Wow! So it's been a few weeks since I've taken a belly picture. We've been busy and I guess after 28 weeks of being pregnant is life now so I've slacked a little on documenting every single change. But never fear....just when you start to let things slide your dear husband can remind you of them quickly. This week I was getting ready one morning in the bathroom in just a bra and panties. Sorry for those of you who are freaked out by that image but it's the only way I can bear to dry my hair these days. It's just too much dang heat for a pregnant girl to handle.


So there I am drying my hair and Jared comes in and says "Babe, turn sideways". I guess I thought he was showing me something was on me or something. I don't know. Anyway, I turned sideways and sat the dryer down. Before I could ask questions Jared said "Wow, you've gotten big this week!" It was at that point that I realized maybe I hadn't turned sideways in a while. And as much as I wanted to argue with him, I could clearly see...he was RIGHT! OMG...how did I miss that? And to make things even better I mumbled "Well, at least you didn't say my butt has gotten bigger" to which he laughed and replied "no way babe...it's always been that big". WHAT? I swung at him but of course he was already out of the room by then. The only thing that saved him was that I convinced myself he was just joking....surely he was right? haha


his prompted me to weigh myself which I also hadn't done in a while. Currently at plus 15 pounds. Yeppers...but my doctor and all of the books say I can be at 17-22 lbs at this point and still be good. Honestly though, I don't know how I'm not a freakin whale. I eat whatever I want. I just didn't want to become consumed with every single bite I take. I've never been into eating tree bark and I didn't think being pregnant was the time to try and find the willpower to do so. However, there are times I rethink this method after I've pigged out....like last night after we ate Mexican food and I was miserable. But dang it was good! So here is a picture of me...full of Mexican food, 28 weeks pregnant and carrying around 15 extra pounds:
As you can see I still need to finish the nursery. We've been working outside, building shutters and watering 24/7 to keep everything we've planted alive but I swear this weekend I will finish the painting. I just need to touch things up. And then I can start buying stuff to put on her walls! Only 11 more weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment