Tuesday, April 14, 2009

March 25th - Week 13 First Bump Pic








Mar 25th - Week 13 - Nothing too exciting this week. The sickness is still going strong and it's become a routine part of my day. Mainly in the mornings but some days I have to deal with it in the evenings too. Again I would like to say I am now popping Zofran like tic tacs. It doesn't rid of the sickness but it sure helps. I don't know how I would function without it. I tried all the "rememdies" and everyone I know has given me. Yeah...sorry but none of them have worked for me. I also can't tell what triggers the queasiness other than just simply being pregnant. And I can't stand sweets. Eating anything even halfway sweet makes me gag!

Tums are a must each evening otherwise I can't lay down at night. My dr says it's the progesterone the placenta produces and it causes my esophogus to dialate. Pretty much means my esophogus no longer keeps things down in my stomach like it used to. Oh yeah and I can no longer sleep on my stomach. Not because it hurts or anything but it's gotten just big enough that it's uncomfortable. Which has been a real struggle for this chic because I used to ALWAYS sleep on my stomach. I also wake up frequently for no apparent reason all during the night. So you can imagine how tired I am when morning rolls around. So to sum it up....these days Anna is a tired and queasey girl :-)

13 weeks down....only 27 more to go. Yikes it sounds like a long time when you put it that way! Ewwww that also means I've thrown up at least once every day for 47 days now. Gross!

Enough whining though! Today at our appontment we got to hear the baby's heartbeat which right now is my favorite sound in the world. 162 beats a minute! It's so amazing and reassuring to hear our little angel in there growing away. My total pregnancy weight gain was 2 lbs and my Dr is very happy. Says that's good for this point. Last time I weighed less than before I was pregnant and he chewed on me a little bit for that. But hey...you try gaining weight when all you do is barf!!

I am posting my first preggo pic. Lori and Marla...it's what you have been asking for. Jared is so proud of my little bump and he's always saying he can't wait for me to be bigger. Yeah, it's the one time in a woman's life when her man is excited she's gaining weight...hehe. Trust me I'm soaking it up! When Jared says "you need to eat more for the baby" I don't argue with him!

And I love how much Jared tries to baby me. He has been super amazing and this baby is letting us expereince things we never have before. Jared kisses me and my belly every morning before work and he says a prayer for the three of us each night. Sometimes I feel a little guilty that I get to have our little angel with me 24/7 but at the same time I think that it's so awesome. This is the one time I actually get to have a hand in God's plan. I get to physically let him grow His child inside of me! Only now can I truly start to understand why a mother has such a special bond with her child. It's something that no one else gets to share with my baby for a while. It's just me and this little angel. I can't wait to feel the baby move so Jared can experience this process even more. But for now I am learning to treasure this gift that God has given me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment