Sunday, December 12, 2010

Elf On A Shelf

Presley got a package in the mail today from her Aunt Paula. She wasted no time tearing into it! I started one corner for her and she immediately had it figured out. Christmas is going to be so much fun this year! The package was an "Elf On A Shelf". I had never seen it before but I think it's a fun tradition. Each year around Christmas, you read the book and remind your child that Santa sends an elf to our house to watch to see if they are being good. Then you hide the elf in places throught the house (just out of reach) for the child to spot. Now that we have it, I've had a few friends tell me how much their kids love it. I'm super excited and think it will be lots of fun!
Presley doesn't seem to care that this little elf is here on Santa's behalf but I know she will in years to come. This year....she's convinced it's her baby. As soon as she opened the box she started saying "baby, baby". She loves books so she brought me the book and we read it first thing.
Then we took the "baby" out of the box and she played and played with it. We are supposed to name it and register on the company's website. So far, I've been refering to him as Leland. Not sure why...but it's looking like that is going to be his name. Seems like a good elf name, right?
Presley is currently convinced everything is a phone so she did put him to her ear and say "hell0" a couple of times. It cracks me up. She does this with everything!
And because she thinks this is her baby, poor Leland got lots of kisses!
I know Presley doesn't seem to be worried about what this guy is reporting to Santa this year, but I went ahead and stuck him on the mantle. Might as well get this tradition started right.
Paula, I love this gift and think it will be fun for many years to come! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment