Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sweet Friends

It's been such a long time since I've posted on here. Things have been really busy the past few weeks and so blogging got pushed to the side. My sweet sweet mother-in-law passed away last Wednesday and we had been spending as much time as we could with her. She had battled cancer for close to three years and gave it an amazing fight. Her passing away wasn't easy and we miss her tremendously but it brings us comfort to know that she knew where she was going to spend eternity. We wish she was here with us but we are thankful that she is now healed and home with our Heavenly Father! During this time our sweet bible study group brought us a goody basket!
They are the best group of friends! This stuff came in so handy during the week. We had tons of casseroles and chicken and things that people had taken to Gary's house but it was nice to have some snacks when we came home late each night. I'm sure I gained weight!
The best part were all of the sweet notes and verses that were stuck on some of the items. This verse, Isaiah 41:10 was my favorite. I love the part that says "I am your God". How appropriate for this time in our life. He is our God!
One of my favorite items....the chocolate and caramel kisses! Presley liked them too although I only have her a couple because I don't like her to have lots of junk food.
I know I've said it already but our bible study group is the BEST! We have been touched so much by our group and are so thankful that God allowed us to become a part of them. I love having friends that are at the same point in their lives and facing the same issues that we do. We are so happy to be part of their group!

No comments:

Post a Comment